Product Cybersecurity Senior Engineer
The evolving complexity and wide-spread deployment of ECUs has effectively enlarged the attack vector on each vehicle for potential malicious incident. This vulnerability has prompted the automotive industry to reevaluate their current expectations for security specifications and standards. This panel discussion will shed light on the industry efforts to secure automobiles at the ECU level.
- Efforts to develop standards for ECU security components
- Addressing the diversity of ECUs in vehicles
- Defining individual ECU security standards
In addition to developing intuitive cybersecurity measures for vehicle protection, the automotive industry should document the details related to the cyber processes for improved auditing and accountability of incidents.
- Conducting risk-based approaches to assessing vulnerabilities and potential impacts
- Considerations on BSIMM9, MS SDL, CIS Controls v7, CySAEv2.x